Do you feel like someone has pulled your plug and all your energy has gone down the drain? Energy is something that a lot of women never have enough of! However, to make changes in our lives, to live life more fully, to begin to live the life we see for ourselves, will require energy. In this post, we will talk about plugging those energy drains. In a later post we will talk about ways you can boost your energy.
So, what are some common energy drains? Many of you know the answers and/or won’t like them.
1. caffeine I know, I am addicted to my morning coffee! I would like to eventually make the switch to herbal teas. Caffeine gives you a high but then your energy plummets as the caffeine wears off and it becomes an endless cycle. For some of you your beverage of choice may be sodas, they have the same effect! Just think about decreasing or eliminating these energy drains from your life. Be sure to wean yourself off or be prepared for a major headache for a couple of days.
2. sugar- guilty here as well! Sugar does basically the same thing. It raises your blood sugar for a sugar high and then crashes, sending your blood sugar and your energy on a roller coaster ride. Consider cutting back and not reaching for a candy bar or donut the next time you need a pick me up. Try a protein bar or an apple and a square of cheese instead. You don’t get the huge rush, but you also don’t have the big crash.
3. TV- I know that every woman deserves some guilty pleasures, and TV may be your choice. Just consider how much time you spend in front of it. And when is the last time you felt motivated to clean your house or write or work on a major project after spending 2 or 3 hours in front of the TV?
4. Computer- Ok, I know that most of you who will read this are bloggers, and we ALL know that blogging can have its addictive qualities. Just like everything else in your life, you need a balance. If, by the nature of your goals and ambitions, you are required to be on the computer/internet quite a bit, at least make sure to get up and stretch. Also, have set times where you work on certain things: an hour for writing, 15 minutes for blog commenting every couple of hours, an hour of research. Set some boundaries or before you know it you will have been sitting at the computer for hours! And you may or may not have even accomplished what you set out to do!
5. Human energy drains- Not necessarily speaking of children, even though they may be! I am speaking of the negative people in your life who pull you down, inject negativity into your life, and make you feel like you need a drink after interacting with them! As much as you possibly can, distance yourself from these people. You’ll be amazed at how much better you feel!
What energy drains do you see in your life? Have you successfully reduced or rid your life of any drains that you have identified?
My goal is to help as many women as possible with these issues we all deal with! Be sure to subscribe via email or RSS so you don’t miss any posts! If you know of someone who would benefit from the info in this post and in my blog, please click here to share!